That’s right folks, along with over 500 other gatherings, we are getting together to organize a solution to our run away government.
April 15th, 2009 at the Liberty Memorial. Speeches start at 4 pm and run until 7 pm.
I have been honored with 7 minutes to speak to an estimated audience between 2,500 and 5,000.
I am going to use this post and facebook video capture to work on my speech. I would truly appreciate your feedback!
Q: who is in the audience?
- Americans, people who grew up in the “Land of the Free”.
- People who have access to information far far beyond anything available in the modern history of man.
- People who, for various reasons, know there is something wrong with Washington.
- People who, against their better judgment and under duress, have just recently forfeited a portion of their wealth to a run away federal government.
- People looking for options.
- People who are willing to take action steps, or they would not be here.
- Government agents and anarchists
Q: What can I say in 7 minutes to encourage action steps?
- Promote http://www.campaignforliberty.com
- Precinct leadership coarse and educational library
- No party affiliation, both parties are corporatist s.
- Hr1207, audit the federal reserve.
- Responsibility starts with your own body.
- Demand access to REAL food, grown locally.
- If the government lied to you about your money, what makes you think they didn’t lie to you about your health?
- Health care reform MUST be in the direction of personal responsibility for your own body.
- The Philosophy of Liberty begins with self-ownership
(Originally written for a youtube video by Ken Schoolland)
You own your life.
To deny this is to imply that another person has a higher claim on your life than you do.
No other person, or group of persons, owns your life.
Nor do you own the lives of others!
You exist in time. You have a present, future and past.
These three parts of you are manifest as your life, your liberty and the fruits or your labor or your property.
To lose your life is to lose your future.
To lose your liberty is to lose your present.
To lose your property is to lose your past.
Two people who exchange property voluntarily are both better off or they wouldn’t do it. Only they can rightfully make that decision for themselves.
At times some people use force or fraud to take from others without voluntary consent.
The initiation of force or fraud to take life is murder.
The initiation of force or fraud to take liberty is slavery
The initiation of force or fraud to take property is theft
It is the same whether those actions are done by one person acting alone, by many acting against a few, or even by officials with fine hats.
You have the right to protect your own life, liberty, and justly acquired property from the forceful aggression of others. And you may ask others to help defend you. But you do not have the right to initiate force against the life, liberty and property of others! Thus, you have no right to designate some person to initiate force against others on your behalf.
You have the right to seek leaders for yourself. But, you have no right to impose rulers onto others. No matter how officials are selected, they are only human beings and they have no rights or claims that are higher than those of any other human beings regardless of the imaginative labels for their behavior, or the number of people encouraging them. Officials have no right to murder, to enslave, or to steal. You cannot give them any rights that you do not have yourself.
Since you own your life, you are responsible for your life. You do not rent your life from others who demand your obedience. Nor are you a slave to others who demand your sacrifice. You choose your own goals based on your own values. Success and failure are both the necessary incentives to learn and to grow.
Your actions on behalf of others or their actions on behalf of you is virtuous only when it is derived from voluntary mutual consent. For virtue can exist only where there is FREE CHOICE. This is the basis of a truly free society. It is not only the most practical and humanitarian foundation for human action, it is also the most ethical.
Problems in the world that arise from the initiation of force by government have a solution. The solution is for the people of the earth to stop asking government officials to initiate force on their behalf.
Evil does not arise only from evil people, but also from good people who tolerate the initiation of force as a means to their own end. In this manner good people have empowered evil people throughout history.
Having confidence is a free society is to focus on the process of discovery in the marketplace of values, rather than to focus on some imposed vision or goal. Using governmental force to impose a vision on others is intellectual sloth, and typically results in unintended, perverse consequences
Achieving a free society requires courage to think, to talk, and to act. Especially when it is easier to do nothing…