According to the US Surgeon General’s report, regular physical activity:
- Improves your chances of living longer and living healthier
- Protects against heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Helps protects against certain cancers, including colon and breast cancer
- Helps prevent or control type 2 diabetes
- Helps prevent arthritis and may help relieve pain and stiffness in people with this condition
- Helps prevent the insidious loss of bone known as osteoporosis
- Reduces the risk of falling among older adults
- Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety and improves mood
Exercise is about making your body’s well being a priority in your life. The hardest part is finding the time right? Well, time is a funny thing, there is always enough of it for the truely important stuff. So if you find yourself saying “I just didn’t have time to do that.” Please be honest with your self and restate this as “That just wasn’t important enough for me to spend the time doing it.” This can be difficult at first, but being honest with yourself will take you several steps towards a happier healthier life.
Commit to 30 minutes each day to stretching and strengtheing your body. This time a A+ priority, and nothing can replace it. In a few short weeks you will begin to reep the rewards of a vibrant body and the the joyous life that comes with it.
Happy Easter everyone